Last Updated: 3/22/21
This article will give you a quick overview of how to use the Tag Rules feature in Creative Insights
1. In the Creative Insights tool, click on the "Create a new tag rule" button beneath all of the tags associated to your top or bottom performing ads.
2. A pane will open on the right side of the screen. If you do not have any tag rules currently set up, there will be a button to set up your first tag rule.
3. Click on "Add First Rule". This will open the tag rule configuration page. To create a new tag rule, do the following steps:
- In the "If" statement, click the dropdown menu to select with attribute you want to base your rule off of.
- In the text box, add the statement that is contained in the ads you want to tag.
- You can click the + sign to add more conditional statements
- Moving to the "Then" statement, start typing to select which tags you want to automatically be applied to the ad.
- Click "Create Rule" to save your rule.
Update (3/22/21): We've recently released the ability to use a "does not contain" when creating a tag rule. Here are the details:
- Adds the ability to select "contains" or "does not contain" when creating a tag rule.
- When using the "And" condition, the "contains/does not contain" field will always match that of the initial condition.
- Will the rule run once I create a new Tag Rule?
- Yes, rules will run upon creation for existing ads
- How often do rules run?
- Rules will run on a daily schedule for new ads
- If I unapply a tag on an existing ad, will that rule re-run for that existing ad?
- After a rule has been created, a rule with run on only new ads (i.e. re-running the rule after unapplying a tag that was previously applied by that rule does not reapply the tag)