Tags are useful snippets of information which help describe an object. Much like the way a name tag can help identify a person at a mixer or how hashtags can associate a tweet with a specific topical trend on Twitter, Jove tags allow users to add context to a piece of data.
Users may apply tags to any element that comprises an ad including images, videos, ad copy, landing pages, and audiences to name a few. Once a tag is applied, users may then use that tag to organize and report on their data from Jove’s products such as Creative Explorer or Report Builder.
For illustration, consider our favorite brand of Sunglasses, GlanceTM, Glance’s marketing manager might want to know whether positive or negative sentiment in ad copy makes a difference in conversion rate. They may then create a tag group for Ad Copy Sentiment, which can be applied to Copy, and has the values of “Positive,” ”Negative,” and ”Neutral.” After creating the tag values, they may be applied to every variant of copy according to Glance’s discretion. Lastly, Glance’s marketing manager could create a report to show conversion rate broken down by copy sentiment for the last 4 weeks. If they uncovered that Positive sentiment correlated with higher conversion rate, they have just created an actionable insight that tells them they should develop more positive copy variants and/or reduce the negative and neutral copy variants.
- Tag - Jove tags are sets of information that can be used to describe and segment data to provide meaningful insights. Tags consist of Tag Areas, Tag Groups, and Tag Values.
- Tag Areas - Tag Areas refer to the elements of an ad with which a tag may be associated. Tag areas include:
- Copy is organized into discrete combinations of Headline, Message and Description
- Landing Pages
- The combination of Image/Video, Copy, and Landing Page created by Jove's Creative Generation tool.
- "Creatives" may only be tagged from within Jove's Facebook Channel Manager
- Users must create a saved audiences within FB Ads Manager
- Tag data will be associated with an audience only if the ad set uses a Saved Audience
- Ex. If an there is an Ad Set that is targeting all Facebook users in the US 18+, but it is not targeting a Saved Audience, and there is a saved audience that is comprised of all Facebook users in the US 18+, any tags on this audience will not be applied to the Ad Set.
- Tagging campaigns is supported for Facebook, Google Search, Google Shopping, and Google Display campaigns.
- Tag Groups - All Tag Values must be organized into a group, which allows users to associate tags into like-categories with informative descriptions. Assignment to Tag Areas occurs at the Tag Group level.
- Tag Values - Tag Values are the base unit of Jove’s Tags functionality. Tag Values represent the information that is to be associated with the tagged ad element. An example Tag might look like this:
- Selected Tag Area = Image
- Selected Tag Group = "Background Color"
- Selected Tag Value(s) = ("Peach")
- Archive - Tag groups and Tag values may be archived, which preserves their association with ad elements, but prevents the Tag from appearing on application, which helps users de-clutter and organize their tagging workspace.
- How often will my images and videos be synced into Tags by Jove so that they will be available for tagging?
- Tags by Jove will be synced with any assets and objects uploaded or created in the advertising platform (including campaigns and audiences) within 12-24 hours.
- How Do I Create a Tag Group?
- How Do I Apply Tag Values?