Reports are the fundamental building blocks of Reports. These “documents” organize your data and present it as a customizable chart or a table. Think of these as the files you put within a folder.
Here are a few simple steps to create your first Report.
- Navigate to the Reports module via your account home page.
- Click into the desired dashboard in which you want to create this report by clicking on the name of the dashboard.
- Once you’ve successfully navigated to the dashboard, click the “Add New Report” button in the top right corner to create a new report.
- In the Properties tabs, input/select the following:
- The desired name for the report.
- The desired data source.
- The desired metrics.
- The desired dimensions.
- Note: To view the definitions of each metric, go here to view your selected data-source definitions.
- Next, click on the “Filters” tab to move to the next section.
- Select your desired date range.
- Click the “Add Filter” button to add any additional filters.
- To move on, click the “Visualization” tab.
- Under Chart Type, select either Timeseries or Category.
- Selecting Timeseries will create a chart with your specified period along the x-axis of the chart.
- Selecting Category will display the given categories within your selected dimensions on the x-axis.
- Select whether you want the report to output a chart, table, or both.
- If selecting a chart, configure how you want your chart’s graphics to be displayed (bar/line graph, color).
- Once you’ve made all of your desired selections on the Properties, Filters, and Visualization tabs, click the “Run Report” button in the top right corner of the window. This will execute your report.
- This will now take you back to your dashboard with report you just created.
- If you are unhappy with your results, click the pencil icon to adjust the fields.
- Once you are satisfied with your results, click the “Save” button to add the report to your dashboard.